Sunday, June 22, 2014

RECIPE: Gluten Free Pancakes with Fruit Sauce

It's Sunday morning and I haven't had any bread, pancakes, muffins, etc. in quite awhile.  My tummy has been healing nicely so I thought I would make some simple pancakes.  Friends have been asking me to post recipes and examples of what I eat so, here goes!  

This recipe is for one so increase as needed.  Very easy!


Gluten & dairy free pancakes

★★★★★
Prep Time: 0 hr 0 min | Cook Time: 0 hr 0 min | Servings: 1 serving (2 pancakes in 8" pan | Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients:

2 eggs (preferably local pasture raised)
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 - 1/2 cup non-dairy milk or water
Splash of vanilla, if desired
Pinch of sea salt, if desired
8" skillet

Add some oil or melted butter if trying to cook on panini or waffle grill

Directions:

heat pan on 4. Add butter when pan is hot.

Whisk eggs in small bowl. Add 1/4 cup  liquid. Add flour.

Consistency should be slightly pourable. Add more liquid as desired.

Pour in pan & spread if necessary.

Cook until edges look cooked then turn

I suggest serving it with fruit sauce, real Maple syrup (grade B) or honey (local raw, but not for infants)

Notes: This will not be a typical light, fluffy pancake. It may seem a little grainy  It is tasty & filling.



Apple, Pear, Blueberry sauce

★★★★★
Prep Time: 0 hr 0 min | Cook Time: 15 mins | Servings: 1 serving | Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients:

1 apple
1 pear
1/2 cup blueberries
Cinnamon
Cardamom

You can also make this with the individual fruits - as many as you like

Directions:

Peel and cut up apple & pear into small, bite size pieces.

Place in saucepan.

Add water to cover the bottom of the pan.

Cover & steam about 15 min or until fruit is soft & mashable.

Add some cinnamon & cardamom to taste.

Notes: This is good served on pancakes, etc. or as a side dish

Sorry about the white background on the recipes.  I obviously have to learn more about this blog format! Big problem is, people can't seem to send comments!  Please try and email me at: wholesomehodgepodge1@gmail.com if you can't and I'll try to figure out what the problem is.  Maybe I just can't use blogger.com.

No comments: