Sunday, June 15, 2014

Gluten Free Project Report

Okay, so!  With all my reading and research about food as medicine the last few years, I have made a few attempts at going gluten free.  The attempt was always broken by some cheat, either at gatherings, or because I was famished and didn't plan ahead for having quickie food available.  I have gotten a bit better at it and have now been gluten free for nearly two months!  Will be officially two months June 21, 2014.

People! I have seen results!  I keep doubting and wondering if I'm making it up but it's hard to deny!

  • Arthritis: Pain is receding! I get it in my neck, hands and knees primarily.  I was taking a muscle relaxant and NSAID just about every other day.  For the last two weeks I have only had to take them once a week, when the pain got so bad that I couldn't do my job effectively!  This is huge for me!
  • Sciatica: Pain also lessening. 
  • Stiffness in lower back and sides of back has also greatly lessened!
Granted, this does take planning and is difficult socially.  I'm trying to get over my dismay at having to always fuss about what's available on menus, and should I bring emergency rations.  Travel is another challenge and I'm getting better at figuring out what to bring or purchase when I'm away from my bubble.  Sure is great to see all these efforts may be paying off!

I may post some of my meal plans at a later date if anyone is interested.  If you send an email to Wholesomehodgepodge1@gmail.com I can send you a sample of what I have eaten.

I also want to mention that I have been consuming grass fed and pasture raised meat from local farmers almost exclusively for the last year.

No comments: