Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Office Lunch Heated sans Microwaving

Leftover roasted carrots & garlic
with Greek lamb burger
Do you worry about the effects of heating your lunch in the microwave oven?  Is the texture of your food less than desirable after it is heated in the microwave oven?  Is your lunch cool by the time you get back to your desk/table to eat?  Are you tired of looking for something other than plastic to cover your food with when you re-heat it in the microwave oven?  Do you want the convenience of heating your lunch at your location without the cost and bulk of a microwave oven?   If you answered yes to any of these questions, I've got the fix for you!  A mini slow-cooker.
     I received one with a slow-cooker I purchased a few years ago and can't believe it took me this long to think of using it to heat my leftovers for lunch.  I purchased another one at a thrift store for around three dollars because I wanted one at each of the two locations I work at. What a bargain!
     Sure, you have to plan ahead a bit, but most meals take no more than an hour to heat up.  If you eat your lunch in the manner I frequently do – take a few bites, do something, take a few bites, do something – you will appreciate the cooker's ability to keep your food warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Testing comments. Chose anonymous.